January 10, 2009

Teenagers

I am furious and fed up with the teenagers and “tweens” in my town. Those little brats think they own the world. So, as a result, they feel that they can walk into the street anytime they wish and cars driving along the road will automatically stop and slow down for these little hooligans.

Fine. Pedestrians have the right of way…always. And of course, no one driving a car wants to hit a person and live with the ultimate devastating outcome, whatever it may be. However, the brats in my town think that they don’t even have to look to cross the street!!! My friend was driving in town, very slowly in 2nd gear, and three teenage boys casually stepped into the street without looking and paid absolutely no attention to her coming down the road. She beeped her horn (and had she not been going so slow, would’ve had to slam on her breaks), and one of them turned to her and yelled, “Shut the f*** up and keep driving!” Had she not had her 3-year-old son in the car, she would have dialed 911 on her cell phone, followed the boys, and had the police explain the rules of the road to them.


Only TWO days later, I was driving downtown, going very slow, and a teenage girl ran right out in front of my car, hadn’t looked before she crossed the road, didn’t see me, stopped dead center in the middle of my car, dropped her mouth in shock that I was there, then kept on going! No sign whatsoever of being sorry…just a look of pure shock that a car would dare slow her down on her “mission” of getting somewhere.

I am the 42-year-old mother of a 4-year-old boy. Some people would think of 42 as being “middle aged,” but I don’t feel a day over 18. In that respect, I would have never acted this way as a teenager! My mother would have skinned me alive! Not only is it not safe, it’s downright rude!!! If I EVER saw my little boy even remotely behaving that way, then his ass would be mine! Not only do I fear for his life for doing something SO BLOODY STUPID, but I will NOT tolerate my child being rude to other people! If he learns one thing in life, he’s going to learn the Golden Rule…Do unto others as you would have them do unto you!

What the hell is the matter with the parents of today? Are some of them just too damn young to care about the welfare of their child??? If I had been in the same situation as my friend, I can’t guarantee that I would have seen those wretched boys and would’ve been able to stop in time. As a result, someone would have gotten hurt, and I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t have been me because I would’ve been the one in the car! Not only do parents need to teach their children the rules of the road, but they need to teach them the RESULTS AND CONSEQUENCES of such stupid behavior! Some good old fashioned manners wouldn’t hurt, either!

Feel free to agree, disagree, or post your own experiences by hitting the comments button below….

2 comments:

  1. It is so hard to not find something to complain about. I actually stopped writing as much on my blog as all I seemed to do was gripe or rant so form of personal injustice so now that we have a forum to bitch on perhaps I can go back to being nicer on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's what this blog is all about...a place to rant, gripe, bitch, complain...etc! And don't hold back the gloves, because I'm not gonna! :)

    ReplyDelete